Potty help

I am sure this question has been asked before but I am just having a hard time with my daughter. My daughter just turned 3 last month and she was on her way to being potty trained but then I had my son. Well my son is now 1 and she still think she has to go potty in her pullup. I will go and have her sit on the potty sometimes even for 2 hours and then as soon as she gets up she goes in her pullup. We tried the whole panty thing but I have carpet and she still refused to go to the potty no matter how often I take her. Does anyone have any suggestions. I try to brib her with stickers but not working. I would like to get her potty trained soon as pullups are not cheap.LOL I have gotten to where I even refuse to change her pullup when she is wet, I make her do it because she will tell me after she has wet. What are some trick that maybe some of you guys have done to help potty train.

hosein

Asked by hosein at 12:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know this is harder than pull-ups but I had the EXACT problem with my son, he wouldn't go in the potty he'd sit and sit and sit...only to as soon as I put on a pull-up he'd pee! It's really irritating!
    My Mom suggested putting him in underwear, which I did, and really only a few "accidents" later he got the picture, if he didn't go on the potty it would just run down his legs (he HATED that!) . Anyways, that's my suggestion. YES, you will be cleaning up pee a little more, but it worked! :-)
    BTW, he still won't poop in the potty, if you get any suggestions let me know! haha!
    Morganne1231

Answer by Morganne1231 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Have you tried M&M's?

Stickers did nothing for my DD, but when we started giving M&M's she took to it pretty quickly.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Candy doesn't work since DADDY is always giving her junk food.LOL
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 12:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My DS has/is going through this as well. I have trying to train him for about 6 months-he will be four in Dec. I got him to where he would go pee on the potty after being around his cousin-same age and trained. After doing that for two-three weeks with minimal accidents, we started talking about going poo on the potty. (He was in big boy undies, unless he needed to poo then he would ask for a diaper.) I would take his poo and let him flush it. (He really liked the story of letting the poo go "swimming" lol!) Then I started feeding him LOTS of fresh fruit and veggies-he pooped at about the same time everyday, so then we would go at that time of day and set him on the potty to see if he wanted to. He finally decided about a month ago that he was ready and went in and just did it. No accidents since, even at night! However, just this morning, he asked for a pull-up to go poop in. I gave in cuz he hadn't gone in four days. contd..
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think she could possibly be a little jealous of her brother, Often times older siblings will regress a bit when Mom has another child.... something about losing attention and seeing someone else get that attention! I wouldn't make a fuss yet, give her some more time.
    Peace and Love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I hope that I haven't screwed everything up! Good luck to you!
    jenree33

• Well the good thing right now is she doesn't scream when I try to get her to sit on the potty. She would tell me she is scared of the potty, but she tells me shes scared of everything even Elmo. LOL She did that for a few months so I gave up during that time. At least she is sitting on the potty again.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 12:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Stop putting pullups on her.. My son wasn't fully potty trained until right before his 4th birthday don't push her and just start putting regular underwear on her instead of pullups. The pullups just make it seem ok to them to still use the bathroom in their pants. With regular underwear yea you may have quite a few accidents but they will get the hint after awhile.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Have you tried M&M's?
    i agree they work!! my dd was potty train by 2 cuz of m&m!! she is 29 mts now and the only thing is she still expects m&m. lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009