can anyone please suggest a great diet? and a great recipe book for dieting?

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 12:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Seriously consider the Diabetic's Diet.
    Since a diet is what we eat, thier "diet" is quite healthy and good for us!!

Do online research or go buy a Diabetic Cookbook!

Peace and Love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't use that many recipe books, but what I eat is a lot of lean meats, whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies, thats the best way to eat healthy because you get more nutrience. If you cook foods, or veggeis for instance, steaming is best. When you eat foods like rice... get brown rice. Stay away from sugary oily , canned and boxed foods. When you drink drink water, or if you have to have flavor make fruit water.... (put fresh fruit in water and let it sit and then take out the fruit. Juicing is also a great idea. If you cook sweets etc there are some great healthy recipes out there... I have some. Its a good idea to cook with honey instead of sugars. MAke sure every meal has a good combination of grains, veggies or fuits, and protein. Nuts are good too... usually less oily nuts like almonds. If I find any good recipes I'll message you with them.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• wow, thats awesome. thank you
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 1:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook. Yummy!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I am taking a 30 day vegan challenge i am only on day two but a week ago i started eating lacto-vegitarian meals, i cut out all meat and i have to say i have never felt better. I even lost 5 lbs. I am sure some of it is water weight. But I want to add since I lost the 5 lbs the last couple of days my weight didn't fluctuate from morning to evening, because back when i was eating meat my weight would fluctuate anywhere from 2-6 lbs from the morning to evening. If this is something you want to consider trying make sure you do your homework so you dont end up eating vegitarian junk food. I was worried about tofu but i have tried sooooo many new recipes and i havent even had to use tofu. When going vegetarian the right way there are so many benefites to your body healthwise alongside the weightloss. Read Skinny Bitch it's a great book
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 5:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I recently used a lifestyle system that allowed me to go from a 18 to 12 (on my way to a 6) in the last 4 1/2 months. It includes an online application that has tons of recipes and will even make your grocery list for you. I just became a coach for it. Is there any reason you wouldn't want more information on it
    Hullofamom

Answer by Hullofamom at 6:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• the "zone" it regulates the sugars, it's a very forgiving diet. It makes you feel more energized and not hungry. They have MANY books on it and great receipe book for it.
    firewinky38

Answer by firewinky38 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Hullofamom quote: I recently used a lifestyle system that allowed me to go from a 18 to 12 (on my way to a 6) in the last 4 1/2 months. It includes an online application that has tons of recipes and will even make your grocery list for you. I just became a coach for it. Is there any reason you wouldn't want more information on it

So what is the site???
    crisma1974

Answer by crisma1974 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009