How much do you spend on clothes/beauty products a month?

My husband thinks giving me an "allowance" of $400 a month is plenty of money for clothes, make-up, hair appts, etc. I think he's nuts! One outfit can cost that!

Disclaimer - I only say "allowance" for the purpose of defining what the money is specifically for. We have a joint account and joint credit cards.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well I am a simple women. I do not wear make up, so I do not need money for that. I do buy skin products like, oil of olay lotions I do buy hair products( my hair is curly so I need to buy stuff to tame it. I do not buy cloths for myself on a monthly basis. So for me $400 a month is plenty for what you are talking about. IMO, This is just me. You are high maintenance. Unless you have a job that you have to look professional at all times.

Answer by louise2 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think $400 is a reasonable amount. I spend about $250 to $300 a month. This is on clothes and makeup. I don't color or do anything to my hair. It is straight and hair lenght. If you can spend $4oo and you have a house and your bills are paid, everything is taken care of go for it.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Wow I too think that $400 is a lot of money per month. I guess it depends on the job that you have and where you live. If I spend that much a year on myself than I am lucky. I don't have to dress up though for my job.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think I spend less than $10 a month.....

I like natural products... and not into fasion that much....

Peace and Love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• about $400.00 for me and that includes my pedicures and manicures..I think that is a fair amount..depending on how ugly ya are..*laughs* kidding of course.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• this is JUST for the Momma?

i very monthly.... I get a pedicure ALWAYS, $45 plus tip. I only get a hair cut & color twice a yr which varies from 100-300. I get 2 pairs of shoes a year (I've replaced my same shoes for about 4 yrs in a row! black uggs and pink adidas sandals.) I rarely by clothes 4 myself.... 2x a yr tops. $400 a month for me would be a real treat but I do not think I could spend it every single month. It'd be hard. Well, facials and a microdermabrasion and massages maybe, lolz. I'd definately end up spending it on my kids, I'm sure
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I could replace my entire wardrobe for $400! I do my own manicures and pedicures (I've even got one of the massaging bubble bath things for my feet), I rarely wear makeup (Hubby doesn't like it), and I get my hair trimmed twice a month for $20!!

I spend $400 a month on groceries for a family of 4!

I was able to get both my kids their school wardrobes, shoes and supplies for less than $400 together!

It seems a little extravagant to me.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I might spend 50 bucks a month if that!! I only get clothes for certain occasions or like holidays.. and I use Mary Kay for make up that stuff lasts FOREVER... so on average I would say 50 at the most and that would be on a month that I have to get extra makeup or a sports bra..etc.. 6 Kids and one on the way.. ya.. not a whole lot of extra cash! That is awesome that you are able to treat yourself like that :)
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 2:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wish i could have that much money just to spend on me even though i would end up spending it on my daughter or stuff for the house. I am very low maintenence. I do where makeup but I havent spent maybe 20 bucks on makeup in a year. I buy most of my clothes at yard sales and flea markets (when i buy them) Everything i buy has been under 5 dollars. I bought 5 pair of paints, 4 shirts the other weekend and only spent 22 dollars. Thats a deal....but that is just me...and i dont get my nails done..i paint my own toe nails....I get my hair cut twice a year I guess it cost like 25 dollars. I do get my eye brows waxed I try to get them done about every two-three weeks and its only 7 dollars...
    2lilmom

Answer by 2lilmom at 3:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I spend about $500-600 a month. That's clothes, make-up, any type of beauty products in general, manicures/pedicures, waxing, and massages.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2009