Discipline question

I recently heard about a man who told his daughter if she kept slamming her bedroom door, he would take it off the hinges. She did and he took away her door like he said. She asked for a pet and he told her she had to get a 100 on a test. She didn't and got no pet. He said if he saw her driving unsafely once she got her permit, he would not let her driver her car anymore. Someone we know said he was being too strict with her. Personally I think a few more children/teens could do with some of this type of discipline. Say what you mean and mean what you say as a parent. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that's perfect. He's not yelling all the time, spanking/hitting all the time, he's being true and consistant in what he says. Perfect
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sounds like there if FINALLY a responisible parent out there
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Nope he's not, she's the child he's the parent and he isn't doing anything to harm his daughter, he wants whats good for her and for her to listen if she was respectful and listening he wouldn't have to dicipline her so.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Absolutely not! Too many kids these days have a lack of discipline therefore leading to kids who don't respect rules and people. She was told the consequences. I think she will turn put a better person for having a parent who follows through.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 12:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think his was of raising his DD is a good way. I applauder him. Shake his hand for me if you can.

Answer by louise2 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think he's doing a great job of raising his kid!!! More parents need to be doing that instead of threatening something and never following through with it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OP here. I will say that the person who said he was being mean has extremely lax ways of parenting. One of her children is a borderline alcoholic, one wants almost nothing to do with her and the other has mental problems and is sexually active with multiple partners as well as spends much time experimenting with drugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009