God didn't make us to eat meat, so why do we?

Just wanted to say..I eat meat. But my husband brought up a point today. "thou shall not kill..why doesn't that pertain to animals?" He then when on to explain that our bodies were not made to eat meat. We would be healther if we were vegan. What are your thoughts?

Darlinree

Asked by Darlinree at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The circle of life was created by God and he did put those animals here for our use. I think the Thou Shalt Not Kill was relating to killing our brother or fellow man. Animals were here for our use and we are entrusted to care for them. I dont think we SHOULDNT eat them but I think we are to care for them until we do and not abuse them. I personally dont really like meat. I could be a vegetarian anyday of the week. I like hamburgers and steak, but I could do without very easily. Even my husband and children arent that fond of meat. We eat more chicken than anything.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes he did, he put everything on this earth for a reason!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Our bodies were made to eat meat, our teeth are proof of that. Back in Cavemen days, that's how they survived, the would have died if all they ate was greens, its not like Tofu was big back then. Your hub is just trying to use God to justify his eat preferences
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I believe the edict to eat meat came after the flood. As for our bodies not being made to eat meat, it's like anything else; do it in moderation.
    JewelzMeow

Answer by JewelzMeow at 12:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ive definitly thought about going vegetarian..but i just cant shake those hamburgers!!LOL but seriously you have an awesome point. i really dont kow why that doesnt pertain to animals..its really sad when you think about it.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Every plant you eat is dead. Unless you live on plastic, you cannot eat without killing something.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We would be a lot healthier if we did or did or didn't do a lot of things but it doesn't stop us.
    Man has been eating meat since the caveman ages. I don't see proof here that our bodies were not made to eat meat but I do believe vegetables are healthier and we don't eat enough.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• they were just being broad when they made up those rules to keep order in society. no one nit picked back then.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OH. I should mention my hubby eats meat too. It was just a conversation we were having...
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020715/story.html....has a very interesting column to read.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 12:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009