Does Anyone Know Any Great OBGYN's in LA Who Are Practicing Catholics?

I am 11 weeks pregnant... and am a devout, practicing Catholic. This is my first child and I am planning to PRAY my way through labor and see it as a very, beautiful, sacred, stress-less as possible experience. I like the OBGYN I have now, but, I was wondering if their might be one out their better suited for me and my spiritual needs. I plan to give birth at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank, Ca, but I am open to other hospitals if need be. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

~Jennifer :)

Hopeheartmom

Asked by Hopeheartmom at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Call around and find out.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think it would be a good idea to ask around at your Church or even ask your Priest. With the sacrament of anointing the sick and all he may have come in contact with an OBGYN here and there that he could possibly recommend. Congratulations on the pregnancy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'm not from the area so I can't make any personal recommendations but there are a couple of websites with some names you might want to check out:

One More Soul lists Pro-life OB/Gyn doctors that know about NFP too

There's also the Catholic Medical Assoication - I don't know if they make referrals but you could contact them to see.

I also think there's the American Association of Pro-life OB/GYN (don't know if they have a website).

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Congratulations on your pregnancy may God look over you and your baby.

Your choice to look for a doctor who agrees with your morals is great. I made a mistake and did not look for a Catholic doctor. I was told to abort when some test came back bad. I do not live in that area but I will pray for you to find a doctor with respect for human life.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009