my 16 months old baby has stopped eating he's just on breast milk. he doesn't open his mouth for any food. i m tired of trying different foods to him.please advice what to do? his weight n height is very good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might be going through a phase. It might also be teething. Just give it time my daughter did the same thing.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 12:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• . If you want him to have breastmilk still, put it in a cup. And just put finger foods out there for him, Cheerio's were always a favorite.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• A lot of times kids (and adults) lose their appetite for food in the summer. They desire lots of liquids. The breastmilk is fine. He will eat when he wants to, probably in a few weeks when the heat calms down.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son gave up breasfeeding when he was 4 months old. No one else in daycare was breastfeeding and he always wanted to be a "grown-up" kind of kid!

Peace and Love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have a 15 month old who does that. As long as his weight and height is on track and he's not missing milestones left and right it's fine to wait him out. Just keep offering different foods. My daughter eats best when she gets whatever we're eating and I stop to give her bites in her highchair.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have the exact issue with my 18mo old. We even asked our ped about this because I was worried he wouldn't grow or worried that all he wanted was his bottle. He eats here and there but its usually some toast or snacky foods. Most of the time he chews then spits out his food. It does get irritating but the ped said he's gonna eat "on the run" and as long as his height and weight is fine and on his curve he's not worried.
    my_4_beauties

Answer by my_4_beauties at 2:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Our son just turned 18 months and has been going through the same thing. He used to eat his fruits and veggies, but now he doesnt we were concerned until we had his 18 month aptmt with his doctor. The doc said that if he ate them befor he will eat them again. He said that Pumpkin was just going through a phase.
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009