I have terrible back pain every morn

for a year STRAIGHT~no kidding! i have had chronic horrible back pain, every single morning at like 3-5 i wake hurting at like an 8 on a pain scale..it slowly goes away(not fully) only if i get up and i can ONLT lay on my back anymore!!! sukky...i am just sick of it and need to find a solution...any info please...i've been to a dr, its bs they always say the same ans i dont need to hear what iv already heard, i did get a boob job 2 yrs ago and i do have mild scoliosis but my back should not be like this....i'm 33 with 2 grown kids......also after i work in the garden (for like 20 mins or 30)i can bearly stand up straight i need a few mins to straighten out....i feel too young to be in this much bull shit pain......................thanks

hottimomi

Asked by hottimomi at 1:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• Try another doctor and also have your mattress checked out.

ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Probably need a new mattress. I had some problems then got a new mattress. Presto! It's gone! Also sometimes, if you put a pillow between your knees when you sleep on your side or under your knees if you are on your back, it helps. I feel ya. I, too, feel too old for all this pain.
    Swimmyfish

Answer by Swimmyfish at 1:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• try going to the YMCA and get into the jecuzzi.
    also use icy hot for pain it works
    glucosamine and chondroitan may help
    use support pillows?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My husband and I both were waking up all stiff also. He does have some problems in his lower back. Even had injections.
    We actually broke down and bought a Sleep # bed. WE love it! Really, really love it. I sleep so sound and do not wake up hurting. he does still some, but he has degenerative discs, but even he has said not at all like before.
    I am a believer of the Sleep # bed. We have had it now 2 years and I won't have anything else.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had the same problem. We got a new mattress (we needed a new one anyway, didn't think anything about it affecting my back), and I immediately slept like a dream. You may want to look into a new mattress. I've heard nothing but good about the Sleep # beds.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• try a new mattress if you can, and see if your hubby or children can rub the sore areas around the spine. My dh has a lumbar and thoracic curve; the lumbar one gets really stiff. If you ever experience pain, then numbness and inability to move one or both legs, see a scoliosis specialist immediately- it could be your spine collapsing and pinching a nerve. Beyond that, pain relievers, hot baths, and really serious back rubs(to the point of pushing him forward) work for my husband- you might see how they do for you. And if you don't see a scoliosis doc you might go and get evaluated just in case- the curves can worsen as you age.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• thanks for all the answers....we do have a brand new mattress~its a king europian pillow top, i have such pain i try everyones beds and we all have awesome beds.....so i dont think its the mattress but thanks :)
    hottimomi

Answer by hottimomi at 10:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2009