WHEN DO U KNOW ITS TIME TO TAKE MATERNITY LEAVE?

Im in my 8th month.. My due date is Oct. 9th.. For the past 2 weeks i have been exhausted and its only gettin worse...!!! I take my prenatals and I eat right. I wake up @ 8 am to get my day started but i cant get out of the bed with out going back to sleep for another 2 hours and even then i am completely exhausted.. I am working 2 jobs and neither one is offering maternity leave so i am trying to stick it out as long as possible but its not looking good... My childs father is workin a temp job every couple weeks and i just dont know what to do.. I honestly think i need to take a leave right now but i dont know what im going to do about my bills...I need some advice because i am really really lost.

Thanks ladies for ur time....

JaMelsMommy

Asked by JaMelsMommy at 1:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can take it when you want to, you just have to let your boss know in advance.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I worked up until 1 week before I delivered. I was all set to work up until my due date, but I ended up in the hospital 1 week before delivered due to a failed version (they tried to turn my breech baby and it didn't work and landed me in the hospital). After that, I was afraid of going to work. Had it not happened I would have worked up until contractions! I know it's rough, though. It's hard to keep going in the end. My sis on the other hand, just had a baby and stopped work about 2-3 wks before her due date.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would leave the job that pays less and try to continue working as long as possible. Maybe with a little less on your plate, one job will be more managable, you would still have at least some money and maybe that will at least get you through the month of September. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• you can get welfare cash assistance in your third trimester to help with bills. it's not much but its something
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I always worked up until I was due because I couldn't afford to take more than a few weeks off and really wanted to spend them with the baby. It is hard at the end. Hang in there mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Believe me i am trying..but it gets harder everyday.... I only have until October 9th so ill be sure to keep u ladies posted....

JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 1:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• O & thanks everyone for the advice...
    JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 1:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If you are due Oct 9th then you arent in your 8th month yet!!

But to answer your question... I never really went out on maternity leave til after I had my kids because I didnt feel the need to
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• first off, she is in her 8th month if due oct. 9th (40 weeks) therefore, she is just about 34 weeks (4 weeks in a month, so she was in her 8th month at 32 weeks) but anyway, i think there is assistance through the state that may be able to help you depending on where you live. there is where i live so maybe you could ask around or google it with the state yout in. good luck.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• samantha... learn to read a calendar!! there are more than 4 weeks in a month!! I am 19 weeks pregnant, which in your math would be one week short of 5 months but yet I am only 4 months 10 days pregnant! months are counted forward from the LMP... mine was on April 14th so the 14th of every month I change months. Going with the due date of Oct 9th count back 40 weeks (as you say) and you get Jan 2nd... therefore, she is only 7 months and 23 days pregnant... that is not in her 7th month.

Now you have a lesson on pregnancy and the calendar! We are pregnant for 40 weeks (approx) which is 9 months 6 days NOT ten months as your math makes it out to be
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009