What questions should I ask to find the right OB/GYN?

I have never gone to an OB/GYN and DH and I are thinking about trying for another LO sometime in the near future. What are some good questions to ask to find out if I am choosing the right DR.?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• How many babies they've delivered....
    Okay but aside from that- it depends on what kinda birth you want. If you want to go all natural, ask if they'd support that. Ask about their C-section percentage rate (okay there is a better way to phrase that- I just can't think of it.)

Ask him/her if they'll deliver you early, or respect that you want to wait until the baby is ready. Really it just depends on what kinda birth you want.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• First figure out how you want to be treated at the office, if you want all the tests or to opt out of some. Next, what kind of delivery...if you don't want a c-section but you choose a doc that regulaly opts for c-section rather than long labor, it will contradict what you want. here is a list that I used when I chose mine
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_ob-gyn-family-physician-interview-sheet_1428558.bc
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009