Would this convince you to become a vegan?

PETA once again proves how ignorant they really are
PETA billboards that just went up in Jacksonville take aim at the last segment of the population it's still legal to discriminate against: Fat people.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fitness_exercise_health/2009/08/peta-save-the-whales-campaign-billboards-overweight-florida.html

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Mmmmm... this post made me want to go out and buy a big old juicy steak. So instead of having homemade mac and cheese tonight as I originally planned, we are having steak, baked potato with cheese and sour cream ('cuz the dairy stuff comes from animals) and a big glass of milk. I might even skip the green beans and salad just to savor the moment more. Guess their sign backfired, at least for one person. I wonder how many people go out of their way to eat more meat after seeing that billboard?

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• LMAO I'm sorry i think that is hilarious

And no, it would not/does not make me want to go vegetarian.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Peta, The craziest mofo's around!

I could never be a vegetarian because my favorite mean is a well done steak!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If that hurts someones feelings enough to go vegan, they theyve got some problems. It might even motivate them to TRY it, but I dont think so. I dont look like that, so no it doesnt make me want to do anything. Im a borderline vegetarian anyway. I rarely eat meat just because I dont like it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Funny, cause I know 2 vegetarians who are over weight.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We live in a FREE country why not use our freedoms while we still have them.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• maybe i just haven't found my passion in life but i don't understand how people can be so freak-ish about this stuff. sure, you want to advocate your beliefs...that doesn't mean they have to shove it down our throats. if you wanna be a vegetarian, ok whatever but you don't have to attempt to convince the rest of the world to do so.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Feelings aside, it's a stupid sign. And newsflash for PETA--vegetarians can be overweight too. I have been veg since I was 9 and have to work very hard to maintain a normal weight--lots of calorie counting and a buttload of exercise. No meat does not equal healthy. It's possible to eat a healthy diet, veg or not, just as it's possible to be overweight and unhealthy, veg or not. I am a huge animal lover and supporter of abuse prevention, but PETA never fails to bring on a big ol' eyeroll from me.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I find the billboard a little offensive. I've never been overweight, so it's not personal. I just hate the thought of making fun of and discriminating against a group of people.

Doesn't make me want to go vegan, it makes me dislike PETA even more.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2009