how do you cook nd season your pork chops?

Iam making boneless prok chops tonight, but i want to try somthing different and good with the things i got inthe house... any ideas ladies?

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What's in the house?
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my fave...salt n pepper them then cook them through in a skillet...set aside...chop and cook onions...add 1/2 cup of basalmic vinegar & 1 TBSP sugar...add pork chops and coat.
    OR
    Salt & pepper the chops...cook through in a pan then chop and add onions to a pot ... add the chops, onions and enough beer to cover them ... bring to a boil...cover and simmer about a half hour til beer cooks away...chops turn out sooo moist and have a nice salty taste to them.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i mosty trying to season teh pork chops differently i have tns of spices bread crumbs,flour,limes,onions..any ideas?
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I season mine w/salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic clove chopped up, parsley, lemon, cinnamon, and white wine.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My husband says my pork chops are the best he's ever tasted! I put some butter in a skillet, and for seasoning I use chile powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and these little garlic/red pepper flakes... Cook till done through, then fry 'em a bit to get a "crunchy" outside. He calls them my "flavor explosion chops"...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 1:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ooh sounds great!!! im sick of making the same thing i eiter saute them or marinate them in lime, oregano,garlic,and garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper then i bake them theyre great but i would like somthing, making them same thing gets boorrriiing lol
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Carmel Apple pork chops!!!
    INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
    Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
    In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
    Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened
    mamakirs

• usually i just put them in some bbq sauce and cook them in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ooohh! the caramel apple chops sound really good.
    I usually sear mine on top of the stove in a cast iron or plain pan, put them into a backing pan with some of the juices, fresh cracked pepper, seasoned salt and sometimes a bit of vegie stock. Cover with foil and bake.
    While they're in the oven I take the drippings and make gravy in the pan. Adding some biscuits to the oven - trying to time it so they are ready at the same time the chops are done.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009