cold/flu like symptoms before labor?

I've had multiple people tell me that about a week before you go into labor you get cold/flu like symptoms. Snuffy/Runny nose, sore throat, nausea, etc. Has this been true for anyone? How soon after you started feeling like that did you go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, never was true for me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i know that i get sicker when i am pregnant. but i think that is common in most pregnant women to be more susceptible to colds and flus. i haven't heard that about a week before you go into labor. you could always ask your dr
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 1:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My nose was stuffy for months when I was pregnant. It's a common problem that doctors warn not to treat with antihistamines and nose sprays.

But symptoms of being actually sick isn't a sign of labor. You probably actually have a cold or the flu if you're having a sore throat. Nausea is from the flu or could just be your hormones again (like early in your pregnancy.)
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 2:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• never heard of that before. weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The only flu symptom I had was diarrhea and feeling tired- But my doc said it was just a way for your body to clear out before labor.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Two days before I had my son I got very achy and nauseous and threw up. After some rest, I felt better, but then labor started so it was only sort of okay. I had trouble eating anything the next couple of days, which cost me some energy during labor. I haven't heard too many other stories of other women having these problems with labor, but I have heard some. I'm still not sure if it was labor, or the flu. Guess we'll find out with the next one?
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009