Pink Eye?

We took our 3 year old to the fair on Sunday and while he was there, I noticed his eye was getting red. I thought maybe he just got something in it, but 2 days later it has just gotten worse. It doesn't hurt him. I am just curious if anyone can tell me what the symptoms of pink eye are. I don't know what it looks like.

jmlock5683

Asked by jmlock5683 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• it may be allergies try giving him a tiny piece of chidrens Zyrtec, my eyes do this too, and zyrtec helps!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• pollen allergies this time of tear are terrible, have him bathe b4 bed and close windows. the drops will not work if it is allergies.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• pink eye- red eye(s), and a yellowish greenish gunk coming out of them, and they get stuck together in the morning, after waking, which you should use a warm washcloth and melt it away so you dont hurt the eye or cause more damage. but my little girl was diagnosed with pink eye, the antibiotics werent working and she got a fever of 103.7 so we took her to the er, and she had an inner ear infection, they gave her anti biotics for it, and everything cleard up with those. i heard ear infections can get so backed up they come out of the eye, which is what i think it really was seeing as how the anti biotics prescribed for pinkeye, did NOT work the ear infection antibiotics worked with in two days she was better... doctor is the best thing see what it is and get it taken care of. and usually pink eye hurts or itches
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009