My four month old daughter...

Hello ladies I just wanted to ask if anyone had a child with a blocked tear duct and how long does it take to go away. My poor dd has one and she is constanly suffering with a watery runny eye. If you have any tips or advise please share...thank you

meagen22

Asked by meagen22 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Warm wet washcloth on the eye 6-7 times a day and ours took almost 2 weeks before it was completely open
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Here is a link to an article that will tell how to help it

HERE

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My daughter had a clogged tear duct for a few weeks when she was a month or so old.
    A wet wash cloth does help, and it will get better.
    If it lasts longer than 2 weeks, or has a darker discharge, then I would ask your doctor!
    AKB22

Answer by AKB22 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I was born with blocked tear ducts too. My parents used to gently massage just under my eye to help open up the tear duct. I obviously don't know how your daughter will respond to this, but she might enjoy the massage. Also you can try taking a warm wash cloth every morning and every night and placing it over her eyes. Just to soak the tear duct. Especially if she wakes up with green crusty sleep in her eyes. (As I did) This will help with the moisture in the eye and may help to open up the tear duct. I can't, though, tell you how long it lasts. I don't remember how long mine were clogged and it can be different for every child. I hope it uncloggs soon.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009