What are good "chores" for a 2 year old?

My 2 year old has been asking me how she can earn quarters. She already helps pick up and stuff like that. I was just wondering what you moms thought might be good ideas for "chores" at this age.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Help folding the towels and wash cloths, windows.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• have her help wipe the counters and clear the table. Teach her how to be careful so as not to break the dishes. You could also have her start to help take the dishes out of the dishwasher and put away after they are cleaned or put into the dishwasher when they are dirty.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my son likes to take the clothes out of the dryer?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• dust mop is also another good one along with the PP
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• LMAO you are realize you are talking about a 2 year old right? And this 2 year old NOT ONLY understands the concept money, but completely understand the concept of earning money too AND have a vocabulary fabulous enough to say "Mommy, I want a new Osh Gosh outfit, can I earn some money to buy it"!??? AND a 2 year old is capable of loading and filling the dishwasher?? This has to be the most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the laugh though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Placing laundry in the laundry area.

Cleaning up after eating. Wiping the table.

Sorting laundry.

Sorting utensils/puttin them away.

Limitless possibilities!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son was this intelligent as a 2 year old.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My DF's 2YO DS likes to help with the laundry. He's fascinated by the front loading washer and of course the dryer. He helps load and unload both. It's so cute, cuz he does one piece of clothing at a time. He's also great at picking up his own toys. Very well mannered.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "LMAO you are realize you are talking about a 2 year old right? And this 2 year old NOT ONLY understands the concept money, but completely understand the concept of earning money too AND have a vocabulary fabulous enough to say "Mommy, I want a new Osh Gosh outfit, can I earn some money to buy it"!??? AND a 2 year old is capable of loading and filling the dishwasher?? This has to be the most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the laugh though."

First of all she is almost three and only puts the money in her bank its not like she tells me what she wants to do with it. Second of all she knows about earning money cause when she helps out she does earn pennies. So now she wants more ways to do it. When do you plan on teaching your kids how to do things themselves?
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• When my dd was 2 she helped me with the laundry and to this day she still helps me. Is very good at it to since we have let her help for so long and she picks up her own toys and she uses the cleaning wipes to dust the table and tv. I second to the anonymous comment when do u plan on teaching your kids how to do things themselves? My son is not even 2 yet and already takes clothes out of the dryer and puts them into a basket. Also he helps his sister dust.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009