Should I be worried about my 1yr old daughter?

Hello Everyone! My daughter is 1 yr old and cannot get into a sitting position on her own. She sits if I put her in that position. She doesn't even crawl and cannot lift herself of the floor to a standing position. She is trying to walk when I put her in a standing position. She spends alot of time on the floor. She has been doing everything late in stages. Example: at 10 months she learned how to roll from stomach to back. Should I be worried?

mknight2002

Asked by mknight2002 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• While every child does learn at their own pace, I would think you need to talk to her doctor. That seems very late. I may be wrong and I don't want to scare you. My son has also done many things on the later end of the charts, but it has still been within the correct time frame. How many months is she? There is a big difference between an early one year old and a later one year old. Call her doctor. I am sure they wil at least put your mind at ease or refer her to Early Intervention.

Good luck!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• it sounds like she's a "late bloomer" but really it sounds like she's just fine! keep encouraging her! my friend's son is 11 months old and can just now stand up for a couple minutes on his own with the help of a surface. my friend gets a little worried when she sees babies his age or younger already standing. but every baby hits milestones when they are ready. if you are really concerned, ask the dr.! do you have any sit-to-stand type toys? there are lots of them out there which can encourage this milestone! my son's leapfrog music table helped him a lot.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• What does her doc say? If they think all is well then chaulk it up to every baby develops different. If you feel that something is wrong, I would re-check with the pediatrician
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have been to the pediatrician and he was worried too. He ordered some blood test and is referred my daughter to a Genetic doc. She just turned 1 in August.
    mknight2002

Answer by mknight2002 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would wait to see what the genetic doc has to say, don't worry until you have something to worry about
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009