How do u & DH get alone time?

Ladies, How do you and your DH get to spend some alone time together. My daughter is 15 months. I feel really bad leaving her. I feel like we should be spending that time with her. A couple does however need a date once in a while. So how do you guys make it happen? What are your favorite things to do when you are able to spend time together?

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 2:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mother will keep her overnight or my niece will stay until we get home...we go out to eat, the drive-in, strip club (in a great while), country cruising, 4-wheeling at night, sometime just going to the mall to just window shop....just being together the 2 of us.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Two words for ya: DATE NIGHT

Once a month (it may not seem like a lot for some couples but with our busy schedules it's a lot for us) we get my BFF to take the girls overnight for us. We go out most times but last month we stayed home and I made us lots of yummy treats like (coconut shrimp, buffalo wings, and fried mac 'n cheese) and we played cards. Next morning we got up, dress and went for breakfast and then did some light shopping at the mall.

Some times we go out to dinner and a movie, we've gone to the driving range to hit a few balls or sometimes its so simple as going out for a cup of coffee and chatting. Even mondane errands are chances for us to spend time together and we always have a good time together. It's important to make the time to keep the connection you have with your spouse. Our kids are 11 & 4.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Our kids are 13, 11 and 3yrs. Sometimes hubs and I wait till the kids are in bed, and then snuggle and watch tv/a dvd, or talk. We do go out on 'dates'- we are fortunate that our families live in the area and our mom's will watch the kids for a while. Most of our dates consist of going out to eat, sometimes we grocery shop, every once in a blue moon we go to the movies, sometimes we have special plans like attending a concert, a special doings, attending a friends wedding, going to a grown-up function --like office party.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• we ask a freind to watch them for a few hours. we felt bad at first leaving the kids with someone else but learned the hard way that is best for everyone if we get time away from the kids. if makes u un easy start out small like only an hour or so. you need to be husband and wife sometimes not parents 24/7. we go to the park and walk around, drive the back roads or have a quick dinner at mc donalds
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 2:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I haven't been on a date with my hubby in forever. My MIL was my babysitter and she is getting too old to do it. I need to find a new sitter! LOL

These days, we only get alone in our bedroom.

Our favorite things to do are going to antique store and browsing. (Definitely can't do with son.)
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 2:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Or you can do a DATE DAY...that way if there is no one to come over at night, you can still get time together during the day
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My mom babysits once a month. Also my 15mo dd has early 730 bedtime and we have theme date nights. Mondays movie night, tues bath night, wed have a drink night and thurs dessert night. All this stuff happens after she is in bed. It gives us alone time to focus on just each other.
    shajdinyak

Answer by shajdinyak at 2:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My DD is 22 months now, and DH and I have never gotten any alone time. Ever. We have no one to sit, and my folks won't help. Our relationship is suffering greatly for it. Get out however you can. The last thing I would wish on anyone is to feel as isolated and resentful as I feel despite having a beautiful Daughter.
    Don't feel guilty, either. You'll be recharged and thrilled to see your LO when you get home. My suggestion would be to leave LO w/ a grandparent or aunt/uncle at your home and leave right after bedtime. Your child won't know you are gone, and the sitter won't have to do anything. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• DH and I met and married after we both already had kids. Alone time has never really been a part of our marriage, and you can't really miss what you never had too badly. We do have occasional nights out without the kids and I don't feel bad about it at all. Mostly our alone time is at night after the kids go to bed.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• When my husband goes to the hunting shack on the weekends, sometimes I will drive out to see him, we go to a local bar/grill drink/eat go back to the hunting shack.
    We have are rural so if he has no work that day we will drive the 80 mile round trip to Walmart.
    otherwise we go to a Casino and end up getting a room.
    A few weeks ago we went berry picking and thought we were having fun until he said he was bored.
    It's hard when we live in the woods, there's just not much to do
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2009