Company Party help

Where I work we have a company wide picnic where we invite all employees and their families and we cook out and have games etc....
Normally there are around 75 people to come that includes children.
We are having it in October again this year.
My problem, I am the only female here at my company so therefore i am the only one that puts this together. How can I do this and make it organized with times for games, I have no idea for a theme.
Last year it was SO disorganized and I HAD HELP. She just stood there so this year I am going solo.
Anyone know of a website or how I can do this and it be a real hit?

JLynn0871

Asked by JLynn0871 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Entertainment

• Do a costume or fall ball theme. Have a costume contest for kids, men and women with appropriate prizes for each...for the kids something like a Chucky Cheese gift card or a gift card to one of those indoor bounce places. For the adults restaurant gift cards. I think the fall festival would be a great idea...have treats like caramel apples, funnel cakes and hand dipped corn dogs...you can rent these things from party supply stores. Have a bouncy castle and hay ride for the kids. Have a jail for the grown ups...you pay a $1 to the sheriff and he will arrest someone for 5 minutes...Have a cute fall scene set up and have a photographer there to take pictures. Well I hope that is a few good ideas to help you get started.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thank you for your ideas!
    We did alot of this last year. I did not have the help I needed though. :(
    I am going with the fall theme again since you mentioned it. I am excited but I need a schedule list of activities and HELP.
    We had bingo, a tossing contest with bags and some board with a hole in it.
    I made gift bags for the little kids and gift cards for the bigger kids and the adults got a $50 gift card.
    I guess I think I cannot do it but I can.
    I can think of one wife that might help me but pretty much I want everyone to come and relax and enjoy it!
    THANKS!!!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• A bouncy castle for the kids would be a great idea, for the older kids and even some adults you can rent the "Dance, Dance Revolution" dance floor and tv monitor. I'd suggest a few games:

* Buy a piece of pegboard (the kind with samll holes in it) about 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide. Paint a fall picture, a leaf, an aplle, etc. on it. Take Tootsie Pops and color the ends of about 50 of them. Fill each whole with a Tootsie Pop (the sticks will stick out the back), and have each child come and "pick a pop". If they get one with a colored end, they get the pop and a samll prize. If they get on without a colored end, they just get the pop. Keep refilling the board as it empties.

* If it is a fall theme, you can always do bobbing for apple, or a pumpkin carving contest. Supply paints and markers, feathers, fake hair and jewels for people to decorate their pumpkins. This would be fun for adults
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• MORE -
    * You can rent a popcorn cart from your local party supply store. For treats or prizes for eveyone, purchase tokens to your local arcade for the younger kids, I-Tunes gift cards for the teens and restaurant gift cards for the adults. Fill a jar with candy corn and have everyone (kids included) guess how many are in it.

Message me if you need any other ideas....I'm a party planner, so I am full of them! Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009