roaches

whats tghe easiest way to get rid of roaches without spraying? Have a newborn at home and don't want to expose him to the sprays or the bombing and the roaches. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My mom always used Boric Acid mixed with powdered sugar dropped in a "line"-like in a chaulk line-around the outside of the house, close to the foundation. When they crawl over it, it sticks to their bellies and they take it back to the nest and eat it cuz it's sweet. It will kill all of them. But don't let your child or pets near it!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• do u have them bad ? like really bad in ur cabinets and do they just crawl all over ur house? have they had babies?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You will probably need to have an exterminator come off if you have them bad enough.
    You could also try that bait stuff they sell at walmart (Our exterminator said it is just as good as what they use) you just put it in all of the corners and kills them off and keeps them away.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• can you find out what the bait is called does it work if u have them really bad?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• what kind of roaches and how bad? I have mixed Borax with sugar, 50-50 mix and put it around the outside of my house. But that was up north where they were little, before I moved into a place that had them....plus the place was bombed befor I moved in. But try that and the roach traps where baby can't get to them.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think it's made by Combat ? I'm not 100% sure but it's gel that you just put up in your cabinets, underneath your sink and places like that in the corner (it's kinda like caulk). On top of that you can also get the bait traps that feed the roaches as well and put them in other places that you don't put the gel.. If you have the german cockroaches though (The little brown ones) an exterminator is about the only thing that can get rid of them those suckers are hard to get rid of. It took us nearly a year to get rid of them for good after someone put a storage trailer that was infested with them next to my house.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009