Hey guys just wanna get some feedback, im 20 years old and I signing up up for the army its wat i always wanted to do in life but im havng doubts because i dont wanna leave my daughter behind. Can any militay moms or miltary wives help me?

Roxy2nyce77

Asked by Roxy2nyce77 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• My DD was going to go in the army. The recruiter said she has to give up custody of her DD(she was a single mom at the time) or get married to go in the army.She didn't go in.

Answer by louise2 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If your daughter is younger then one you have to wait to join the military in my state NC.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Im a military wife. if thats what you want GO FOR IT! it will be tough to have to be away from her for a while, but think of what a great life youll be giving her in return! great insurance, i dont know your current job situation but its a steady income being a woman you will probably get a great job in the army and one that you wont have to deploy either. And seriously your daughter is your life, but that doesnt mean your dreams have to go away because shes here, im sure you have great support in your family and use it to fulfill your dreams! youll be back with your daughter before you know it! Good luck!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 2:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• you dont have to give up custody of your child to join the military. You just have to sign papers saying you have some one keep her while your gone. you also have to get a power of attorney for medical decisions for your child. when I was in, mom kept my daughter for 8 months and when i came home my daughter came to live with me. it's plenty of single parents in the military. you just have to make sure you have great support from your family.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'm a military wife and mother, but if you are a single mom, you don't give up custody. As girl above said, your family has to be supportive and you have to have paper work of who her legal guardian is while you are at training and such. So while at boot camp, she has to stay somewhere....while you are at trainings, she has to stay somewhere. I can tell you this, there are Family Child Care services on every post I know of, here in the states and in other countries, that if you are active duty (not national guard) they have in home providers. These women are trained to have day care in their homes. So if you have no one to watch your child while working nights, for example, there are women who are willing to care for your child then. Does that make sense? Keep in mind, there is always NationalGuard that wouldn't take you away from your support as much as active duty. Research what you want and talk with your support system!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Your baby DD needs you now. Those dear and early years will never come back.

Would you really want to lose seeing her grow up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "its wat i always wanted to do in life"

Well, becoming a mom changed all of that. It's no longer about you and what you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yes, you do have to leave your child but if that's what you need to do make a better life for you and your child. whether you join the military or be a full time working parent you will still miss some milestones. i missed my dd first steps but my mom recorded everything and sent plenty of pics. when i got home, my dd knew who i was. it's not easy but like i said you have to have a support system.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Your selfishness is sickining! Your life is not about you anymore! It's about that little girl. Why would you ever want to leave her without her mom? Oh, because it's your dream!?! Then you shouldn't have had a child!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• if she was selfish then she wouldn't have doubts about leaving her child. it's up too you to decide what you want regardless of what we all think. GL!
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009