How do you make calzones?

Do you make them? How do you do it? They always looks so good, so I want to make them for the boys and i for supper tonite or tomorrow!

Thanks!!

WifeNMommy52606

Asked by WifeNMommy52606 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would think just like a pizza just fold it... Just make sure all the edges are closed... IDK... hope that helped some..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• buy the prepared pizza dough (the unbaked version) or make your own.

Fill it with your favorite fillings (when I worked at a small mom-and-pop pizza place, they added ricotta to theirs): cheese, veggies, meats, etc.)

Fold it over and crimp the outside edges. Bake at 350 till browned outside.

Serve with marinara or warmed pizza sauce.

There's a pizza place near me that makes the most AWESOME calzones.... I may have to go there for lunch.... hmmm...
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thanks! The one thing I was not sure of is how to cut the crust and if to put the sauce inside or use it to dip!! Thanks a bunch!
    WifeNMommy52606

Answer by WifeNMommy52606 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I make my regular pizza dough (let me know if you need a recipe), roll into circles about 8-10" in diameter, spread one half (leaving maybe 3/4" border) with ricotta, chopped broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, onion, etc.; a thin layer of sauce and a teeny bit of mozarella. Fold and seal with a fork, place on a cookies sheet (prepared with olive oil and corn meal) brush with egg wash and bake at 375 unitl golden.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009