Question for babywearing mamas

For the one of you who have made your own wraps. What kind of materiel did you use, how long, and wide of a piece would I need?

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 2:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I checked into it and it would have cost me the same amount to make it as it did to buy my MOBY on e-bay for $35
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• jersey fabric! it stretches really well. you outta check out youtube! they have some great home videos on homemade wraps
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My moby is jersey. Its 15ft long, I think, so you'd need 4 or 5 yards depending on how long you want it.

Are you using it for Adara? I never liked using the wrap past about 15lbs...
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 5:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yeah, it's for Adara I hate the wrap I have

I'm just not sure what kind of carrier that will work for us she is about 15 pounds now it's just way to stretchy I'm afraid she is gonna fall out of it.

What other carriers have you used?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 5:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think the mei tai is great for that size! And with other kids to take care of, I love putting my little ones on my back. It's super easy to make too. A rectangle of fabric with four long straps coming out of each corner. PM me if you want more details on how to make one!
    Roosbabe

Answer by Roosbabe at 10:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Roosbabe made my Mei Tai wrap and it is the best thing EVER!!! I don't know how i ever lived without it. http://milestonemeitai.blogspot.com/
    kellybelly7570

Answer by kellybelly7570 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2009