Anyone been to Paris and have any good tips. We are planning a long weekend and would welcome any advice.

Any advice on tours, sightseeing, places to stay, eat., etc. Thanks!!!

Asked by Frankie64 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Travel

• Pack some good walking shoes! I saw a lot of sites in a long weekend there a few years ago, mostly on foot. If you have time, I'd recommend taking the short train ride to Versaille - I enjoyed seeing the palace.

Answer by cafemama at 2:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I agree you need good walking shoes. Eiffel tower is a must. The catacombs were good, but make sure you bring a map with you so you know where you are when you get out. Sacre Coeur basilica was really nice and in the more artsy part of town. Everything in Paris is small. I stayed in a hostel out of town near a train station. I believe there is a very reasonable bus and train pass. I think it is based on number of days.

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Walking shoes yes-tennis shoes, shorts and jeans-no. Do not take bright colored clothes, muted, beige, black at night. Lots of places will not let men in if wearing a tank top. Use the public transportation, very easy. The Louvre, Arch de Triumph, Versailles, Eiffle Towel, all are must sees, as is shopping, in my book. It's very expensive. Most everyone will speak at least a little English, enough to get by. Pastries and coffee are breakfast, but you won't see anyone on the street with a go-cup.

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Eat crepes everyday. Be careful with how low-cut your tops are, especially if visiting the redlight district to see the Moulin Rouge. Men there are WAY more forward verbally about that kind of exposure. The catacombs are a must for adults, but can be scary for children. One of my favorite sites was the cemetary where Jim Morrison is buried - Le Pere Lachaise. There are many famous singers, poets, and other celebrities buried there.

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2008