One Less Kid

So my son started Kindergarten yesterday and everything just seems so much slower and quieter now. Going from two kids to one kid is a HUGE change for me. I'm actually quite bored. Today we went to the mall and walked around a bit. I will be working on her learning shapes, colors, numbers etc. throughout the year too. So we will be occupied, but not for every single waking second of the day. There are going to be times where we really don't have anything to do. For any of you out there in a similar situation, do you find yourself bored as well with one less kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I only have a daughter and I was so afraid of the quite that will come when she starts school this year that I actually called my old job and got re hired part time...it is only 4 hours a day Mon. thru Fri. but I needed something...I totally understand!
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I only have one kid but there is always something to do or going on..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

When you're so used to having more than one child, then the numbers are reduced, it is a shock. Things are more laxed, more calm, less chaotic, and not as fast. So even if there is always something going on, it's still not the same b/c you're not keeping that EXTRA eye out on the extra child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• it will be the same when they grow up and move out one at a time, too!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Ha......No. I ve always only had one at home at a time. I have 3 in school and the one that gets to be home with me has always had their special time. I used to get bored when I only had 1 in school and 1 at home. Now I have my hand in too many other things. I have my own little ebay business and we always have appointments so I stay pretty busy. I love the quiet when the kids go back to school. I still have 1 that hasnt started school yet. He really needs to be there because not only is he bored but they are doing a lot of fighting. I might even consider preschool for the 3 1/2 yr old just because he asked....then I will have a bit more time to myself.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Imagine going from 7 to 1 or 2 a day! It is always an adjustment when my kids start back to school, it's always an adjustment at first and yes it can seem boring, but after a while you start to enjoy the little extra freedom.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009