Is anyone else having trouble getting their childs immunizations on time?

My pediatrician has never had the vaccinations in her office. I have been put on a waiting list every month we need shots and told to call 1-2 weeks ahead of the appointments to see if the shots are in. They have told me there is a national back log on vaccines, but it is every month. I am following the alternative vaccine schedule so I don't know if this is a factor. The MD office says it is not, but I am starting to think I should get another pediatrician. Any recommendations?

wellsymom

Asked by wellsymom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• We have never had a problem. They always have the vaccine that we need and they even have plently of flu shots every year--if you want it. We are in Maryland. I don't know if where you live could effect it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It takes forever to get an appointment. I called 9 weeks in advance to schedule my son's 15 month check up and couldn't get in until he was 16.5 months old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I've never had an issue with the doctors office not having it. I do have an issue remembering the appointments or calling to make them on time. It sounds like you need a different pedi. like maybe they are punishing you for not doing what they recommend.

I'd join a group for your local area and find out which docs they all use. And then go from there.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We always had our doctor order single dose preservative free vaccines.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009