should SAHM get a job insead of getting PA?

Do you think if you can not afford to stay home than get a job. IF you need PA than you need to get a job,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you should worry about yourself and noone else.

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Again you assume that all SAHM's are on PA.

Sometimes, the cost of daycare far outweighs any income that some SAHM's on PA would actually be able to earn. Why should a woman get a job that only covers, or fails to cover, the cost of the daycare expenses?

So no, just because you need PA doesn't mean you need a job. Sometimes a job would actually COST you more. But since you live a pampered life I guess you wouldn't understand about that Miss High and Mighty Judgmental.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sometimes being on PA can help you get a job when the children are old enough to go to school. If a woman wants she can get daycare help for younger children as well. I think it's a personal choice, what is important to the family. I personally think moms should stay home with them until kids are school age then they can get a job. (jmho) BTW, I don't think there is anything wrong with PA. It has a reason for existing. It's up to those eligible to utilize it as a resource.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with anon :53. Daycare is expensive and they probably can't afford to work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't think anyone should expect the taxpayers to pay for their childrens food, clothing, housing and other needs. If they cannot provide all they need to use birth control. If they are too poor for birth control get used to masterbation. Bringing children they know they cannot provide for is selfish and not something a good parent does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Anon :01 get your head out of your ass. What do you think about people who had kids before they were hit by the bad economy ? you're basically saying ANYONE who could possibly ever need PA just doesn't need have to kids well dumbass, you yourself need to keep your legs closed. What about the moms who lost their job all of a sudden w/ no backup or help? Or a single mom whose childs father just up and left? They all may need PA and you know what with the cost of daycare if most single moms were to work they wouldn't be bringing in even enough to pay for food much less put a roof over their head, and provide a stable life for their kids. You whine and bitch about taxpayers payin this and that you do realize that the taxes you pay don't go just towards PA , right? So quit youre whining.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Anon 3:01 you're right, BUT, sometimes people decide to have children and at the time they make the decision they can afford to pay for everything, and then something goes wrong. People get laid off, companies close and someone loses a job. In today's job market it's difficult to find a job, let alone one that pays what they used to make.

Anyone working is paying taxes. And people receiving PA are required to work. Therefore, they are paying the taxes that support the assistance programs. So are all the other members of their extended family that are employed.

So if my 2 parents, my 2 brothers and their wives, and my husband are all paying taxes, how does it make it wrong for my family to accept some assistance for a couple of difficult years? My family is paying those taxes too.

No birth control is 100% effective. Accidents happen. Should everyone receiving PA that accidentally gets pregnant get an abortion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It depends on the situation. If the mom is using the system, then yes get a job. But if the only job she can get means she's spending more on day care and gas and would still need to be on PA, well then you really have to weigh it. Is there growth potential/raises? Sometiems it's better to stay home for a few years and then get a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Anon 3:01 stop hiding you have come on here before with the same crap!
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think if you're able bodied, you should work before considering PA.
    Work the off hours and share babysitting wither another mom.
    There is no excuse, unless you're disabled-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009