Why is he so bad?

My 5 year old step son has a big problem with hitting an cussing he was kicked out of his summer camp because of this! So me an my hubby have him for the rest of his summer! Well hes only been here for one day an has already started beatin up on my almost 5 year old an my 3 year old sons! Step son is also tryin to get my 2 boys to cuss an my 2 know better but they see step son doing it so they think its ok for them! Step sons mom has taken him to doc an they said it could be adhd but i didnt think childern with adhd were really voilent! Im scared because im 35 wks prego an im so afaird that he is going to try to beat on the baby! Anyone have any ideas on how i can get him to stop hi violent behavior!

mommyof2boysmd

Asked by mommyof2boysmd at 2:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It might be like most kids feel when parent get remarried and start having kids with no.2 wife he may feel left out. Kids do get very angry at life. Have dad spend one on one time with him to see what happens. You all need to get together and help this kid before he ends up in jail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Me an my hubby were together before he was even born so i dont think it has anything to do with that!
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 3:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Some do get violent. At this age most docs won't add to diagnosis, but along with adhd can be ODD (Opposition Defiant Disorder) or OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and any other comorbid disorders.
    My son was not violent always, but his streaks were scary--and ugly. Lay down laws and enforce consequences. If something happens to make you feel completely unsafe, as a pregnant woman, you may have to refuse or ask them to help pay for a babysitter to help you out. Make sure you have many conversations with your children about your expectations without bad-mouthing the stepchild.
    I'm sorry you're in the situation. suggest finding a behavioral psychologist and a psychiatrist.
    good luck
    trishmused

Answer by trishmused at 5:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2009