What would YOU do if you found out you had an STD?

And you knew you'd been faithful... I never ever thought my husband would cheat on me, and he swears he didn't. But, would you really be honest? The dr says u can only get it from intercourse, not a toliet seat or anything like that. I don't know what to do... This could ruin my marraige...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• He gave it to you, get him checked.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Is it HPV? I ask because that can lay dormant for years-most men have no symptoms and can pass it along without having a flare-up going on. He would never know he had it UNLESS he has a test. Did he test himself prior to you guys getting married? If not, he may have had this.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Of course your husband would say he didn't cheat on you if he wants to stay with you.

If you love him and are willing to overlook the fact he probably did cheat (or is still), stay with him. But if you can't stand the sight of him after giving you this, dump him.

He might bring you AIDS if he hasn't already.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 2:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is Trichomoniasis or "trick". I didn't hav this 3 months ago when I had a baby. Olviously he's going to get treatmen, but I am so confused as to what to believe. Couldn't there be any other way to get this. I just find it so hard to believe that he slept with another woman, he's not that kind of man, but if he did, i feel like such a f!!!ing idiot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Also, we hav 2 children, so it's not like I can just walk out the door, I hav to think about myself, but I also hav to think about my kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• uum, the same thing happened to me years ago. My SO swore he didn't cheat and I believe him. I just wrote it off, but I am going to google it right now. I think I have read before that it was believed to be an STD, but then they founf out different. I could be wrong. Let me look it up and I will get back to you. Seriously, for some reason I believed him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Here is one link:
    http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/std/trichomoniasis.html#

It states:

The parasite that causes trichomoniasis can survive for a little while in a moist environment. In theory, a person could get the infection by having direct contact with surfaces that are contaminated with the parasite, like a wet towel, a bathing suit, or a toilet seat. But it's unusual to get trich without some sort of sexual contact.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Did he hav trick? And I know, for some reason, I believe him, cause if i didn't his ass it'd be GONE!!!! But, I read that too, about the toliet seats, my dr. said there'd have to be alot of "fresh" vaginal secretions and I would of had to of rubbed myself against it. Very unlikely...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is better that you find out if he cheated and work things out. Better than to think of you as a fool, than he will do it again.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'd kill my DH
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2009