Did I interepret this right?

I went to meet some friends for a couple drinks last night, more just to socialize not to get drunk...well, I was talking with this guy, who is actually better friends with my husband...well, we were talking about many different topics, from history to drugs to movies. A certain movie came up and I told him I hadn't seen it. He goes "Hey, lets go watch it." I go, "Now?" he said yes. I told him that I probably shouldn't...it was almost 10:30pm and that my husband probably wanted me home soon.

I didn't think about it til I got home, but was he hitting on me, or just trying to be a friend? He's younger then me by a couple years, single no kids...He's a pretty cool guy, but I don't know...did I misread the signals there?
All opinions welcome...bashing isn't.

clhadley

Asked by clhadley at 2:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, is it in theaters or already on video? If it was already on video, he may have had it and just wanted to watch it (you know those drunk random ideas that just pop up? lol) I don't know, but it doesn't sound like he was flirting to me. He might have just really liked the movie and wanted to share his enthusiasm.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't know was he being flirty? Touching you at all? I think it is weird that he ask you out to a movie though. Maybe try to be a little more distant from him.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't tak ethat one thing as hitting on you. If it was combined with other comments then I might say yes. Perhaps, because he doesn't have a wife/kids, he didn't really consider what time it was and just wanted to watch a movie? I know that my single friends/friends without kids don't really see time the same way as I do. They think nothing of going out at a moments notice when I need to plan it.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 2:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not really flirty...he wasn't drinking at all. It's a movie he has at his house. He lives alone. I guess maybe it's just a good thing that I would feel awkward going to a guys house to watch a movie..just the 2 of us. momavanessa....I wasn't being flirty AT ALL...we were just talking. So, I don't really know how to distance myself. I enjoy intellectual conversation. I know what you meant though. It's just hard for me to really make friends....good friends that don't just gossip about everyone. Ya know?

clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't think too much. he may just be lonely and wanting to hang out. It's possible he would have asked your hubsand the same thing if he were there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009