I hate this! Please help!

When I was wayyy younger, my parents got me braces. Apparently I didnt take very good care of them! My teeth are straight, but I have a single orange line across my two front teeth. Its where my braces where. Is there anything to make them go away? or a way to bleach them??? I hate it so much, I never ever smile!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Try Lumineers.  Google it.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 3:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You don't need lumineers for this. Its not uncommon to have stains after braces. I did and everyone I knew growing up did to some extent. Avon makes a good bleaching kit for a good price why don't you give it a try. Go to www.youravon.com/dhullum Its called the Beautifully Bright Advanced Teeth Whitening System or you can search by the product number which is 322-529 I've used it personally and its very good especially if your teeth are sensitive Use coupon code FSANY for free shipping on it. Also eat lots of strawberries. They naturally keep your teeth from restaining!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Before you use any bleaching products for your teeth, you should have them cleaned professionally at the dental office. I've been a dental hygienist for 22 years. Some people are not good candidates for bleaching. A dental check up would be the first step. Your dentist or dental hygienist will be able to make the best recommendations for you.
    As for the strawberry suggestion - don't do it. Berries stain the teeth and contain natural acids that can decay the teeth. This includes strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.
    Always rinse your mouth after you have eaten any foods that contain acids. Wait at least 20 minutes before you brush. The acids from foods can be burnished into the enamel and decay the teeth if you brush too soon after eating them.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• What did your dentist suggest?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009