What would YOU do if you found out you had an STD?

And you knew you'd been faithful... I never ever thought my husband would cheat on me, and he swears he didn't. But, would you really be honest? The dr says u can only get it from intercourse, not a toliet seat or anything like that. I don't know what to do... This could ruin my marraige...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• I'd goto a hotel alone for the night and cry cry cry & drink drink drink.
    And then pull any/all savings and cash outta the bank and find me a sweet ass lawyer. I wouldn't stand for cheating period, but to bring a disease home? Not happening.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I know, that is what I wanted to do, but what if by some chance i got it from something else... I know it's a long shot put pulling my kids out of thier home... I want to be SURE. I know, the std should be all the proff I need. I think I'm in denial. What to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'd kick him out of the house. I wouldnt go to a hotel I'd force him to go especially so the kids could stay in their own environment. Id go straight down and get divorce papers cause I cant handle a cheater. Honestly if he has to cheat he doesn't love me..
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• you didnt get it from something else. theres no other way to get an STD. so not only does he not respect you enough to cheat on you, but he does it unprotected and brings you home a disease. you need to leave girl, no matter how hard it is. its better for you AND your kids. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not all dr's are well-informed about STD's. I'd call up Planned Parenthood where they know a lot about this kind of stuff and ask if there are other ways to contract besides intercourse, and how long it can remain dormant for after you do contract it. Some things either of you could have for years and not show up. I don't think it means you are in denial to want to believe your DH and make sure that there isn't another explanation for how this could have happened. However, if you do your research and there's no other way you could have got this, then he's lying no matter how sincere he seems.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• While trichomoniasis is usually passed sexually, it may be picked up from contact with damp or moist objects such as towels, wet clothing, or a toilet seat, if the genital area gets in contact with these damp or moist objects.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had a dr tell me I had an std. and told me to come back with my dh (x) in 2 days for treatment for us both. I was NOT easy to live with for those two days. It was non stop fighting and he swore he'd never cheated. We went for the treatment and dh refused treatment. He demanded to see the test results. The dr turned out to be wrong. Now I can't remember if he had the wrong chart or what but we didn't have it. Point = get tested again and take dh with you to get tested too just to be sure the lab was accurate.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I honestly don't know what to tell ya. I'd definately make him go get tested and get treatment. And then if I knew I could forgive him (I can't say cause it hasn't happened to me) I'd put him threw hell and back groveling. Probably a trial separation to see if we even wanted to stay married.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Double check, and find out all the ways the std you have can be passed. Anon 3:39 is right- some stds can be gotten through other than sexual contact. Herpes, in particular, can be spread by a simple kiss, and oral herpes can easily turn into genital herpes. Oral herpes is why we get cold sores- we probably got it from a bedtime kiss as kids, or from sharing a drink. Definitely do your research before making such a big decision.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 6:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009