How do you know?

None of us really know the others. I mean, most of you see my screen name, look at my profile, you "know" I'm Pagan. You see 2mothershelper (sorry your the one that came to mind) and you "know" she is Christian.

BUT how do you really? My mother is always talking about apostates, people that call themselves something in order to turn people away from that faith. So, how do any of us really know that when we see someone on here preaching that they aren't actually trying to spread lies? How many times have you seen someone here and the seem to be Christian, they quote scripture and preach, but what if their entire reason for posting is to make Christians look bad? We've all seen it at one point or another... Someone that looks as if they are trying to be preachy but they are really comming off as making the faith look bad... How do you know?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• *2mothershelper... I didn't mean this to be an attack on you in any way. I just know that people here see your name and KNOW you are Christian... So you were a good example. Plus you are always on - lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Oooh I've thought about this before. I wonder if any of our resident...ahem...people are really trolls just looking for their next prey. Most likely not, unfortunately. I'd rather be the victim of a random trolling than a target for religious bigotry!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If I could I would give you a big kiss. I have stated many times myself that just because some one claims to be a Christian does not mean that they are a Christian. I believe some people do not care if the person is who they say they are, it is an opportunity to bash some thing they do not believe in and that is all. If there is one statement that really gets under my skin it is “you make all Christians look bad” no they do not. There are some really mean Atheist on here, but I do not judge all Atheist by that persons attitude and it would be ridiculous to do so.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You caught me! I'm actually an 85 year old man. I am still a Buddhist though, so can I still stay?

LOL- seriously, you can't know. It's the internet! It's all anonymous.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "There are some really mean Atheist on here, but I do not judge all Atheist by that persons attitude and it would be ridiculous to do so."

>:(

Do I look mean yet? Do I do I?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Freela, that's kinda hot.
    caitxrawks

• LMAO caitxrawks! If you could only see me... rubbing my bald old man head and gumming my mashed potatoes as I hike my pants up an additional foot....
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OMG My fiance hikes up his shorts when he want to annoy me. So hilarious.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• WELL, WE CAN'T KNOW FOR SURE BUT FROM WHAT I CAN SEE THERE A FEW WHO ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!

Answer by older at 4:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Creepy, she is gone, what did you do Sabrina? LOL
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009