Should she have apologized? (PIOG)

My stepdaughter is in the 9th grade. The other day during gym she was signing a form on the line that clearly stated she was supposed to sign. Well, first the gym teacher accused her of forging her mothers name, then when SD told her she was signing her name beside her dad's because that's what the paper said, the teacher was very hateful and told her "well if you would have read the paper you would have seen that you were not supposed to sign it". SD didn't argue with the teacher, even though she knew she was in the right by signing the paper, and handed it over to the teacher. About 5 minutes later the teacher handed the paper back to my SD and said oh yea hear you do have to sign this. I was like WTH? I thought she should have apologized for number one...being hateful, and number two accusing my SD of not reading the paper in the first place. I have the utmost respect for teachers, they have a hard job, but sheesh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would report her to the principal- after i said a few things
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 3:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes, i would have expected an apology!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not all teachers deserve respect! Some are just biatches like this one seems to be. Id call the principal too and ask for an apology
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yes, the teacher should apologize but I wouldn't go to the school to make a big deal of the matter. now if the nastiness continued I would bring up that issue along with the others to drive my point home. Some teachers feel like if they're the ones wrong and they apologize then the kids will undermind their authority in the future. To me if you're wrong your wrong no matter what position you hold. Respect knows no age, color, religion or anything else you wanna add to the pot.

Your SD did the right thing by not arguing and showing her that she was the mature one.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would bring it up with the principal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009