Did you luck out? Do you have a "good guy" as a husband?

I think we should all get a chance to BRAG and COMPLAIN about our DH's/SO's. :]

What do you like most about what he does? What do you absolutely haaaate?

My DH is such a sweetheart, and is always there to do something nice for me (make me a cup of coffee in the morning, rubbing my back, taking turns sleeping in a little) if it'll make me happy. Sometimes though...UGH! I swear he just doesn't get it when it comes to important days and holidays. Why can't guys plan hardly anything? Please feel free to brag if your guy does, but my DH gets so worked up about it that he ends up forgetting everything and just asks me to help haha. One day...he'll get it, right? Hopefully.

ours

Asked by ours at 3:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• my man can do ONE thing at a time, if you ask him something he cannot process it and just shuts down.

and if he has a problem on his mind he cannot do ANYTHING- including drive, talk, cook, NOTHING

he's the best man i've ever met when he's not stressed though,

i should get him some xanax lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• That's exactly like Trav! He just gets too stressed out and shuts down. I'm disappointed at first because I always hope that each special day will go differently, but it doesn't. In the end I just try to fix what's left of the day, and it works out fine. I'm hoping that soon he'll feel more confident about planning a day, but I'm sure it'll take a looong time. I'm willing to wait, it'll be worth it and a GREAT surprise.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• HAHA.. your hubby sounds great like mine...but ya the special occasions..not so great at! hahaah
    He is the best and I really can not complain.. He is my bestfriend and we do everthing together :)
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 3:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• There isn't anything that I hate about him. He does have faults, but so do I and if he can live with mine so graciously then I can live with his. Yeah, I got one of the good guys. I still can't believe how lucky I am some times.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well when I said "hate" I meant it in more of in a joking matter. Of course I don't hate parts of my husband, if I did, we wouldn't be together. Ya, some things go from cute quirks to annoying set backs, but I'll always remember that those things were what attracted me to him, so I could never HATE them.

Does that make sense?
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• :D My Hubby is a very nice guy. He goes all out for anniversarys and Holidays. He is the sweet guy off of the movies that the girl always over looks. The only thing I can complain about is he can get a little messy sometimes, but as soon as I say something or I start picking up he is right there behind me picking up too
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I didn't luck out I made a good choice when it came to picking my partner for life. I got to know him and then we chose to love each other. We are each others best friend and we genuinely like each other. We would talk about our future for hours and worked out things like finances, children and other issues that lead to divorce before we married. I did not luck out at all I found a great guy and we built a great life together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with the pp - i didn't just luck out. The 2nd time around I knew what I was looking for and waited until I found it. He has more fun than anyone I've ever met - doesn't matter what he's doing or who he's with, he has a good time and makes sure that everyone around him does too
    Our first anniversary was last weekend - he made surprise reservations for me at the only 5 star hotel in our area for Sat night, got his parents to watch the baby, and took me to dinner at the same restaurant where he proposed to me. He also ordered choc covered strawberries delivered to our room - they're my Favorite!!
    He tends to make a mess, but he can fix anything - cars, lights, drywall, dishwashers, dryers. I have no reason to complain about my dh - plus the fact that he has taken on my 3 kids that aren't his but he ends up supporting cause they're dad won't pay child support.

Answer by missanc at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ANON 1:41-

I guess my story was different. Ya we planned some things, but while cuddling and it was more of a fantasy/dream like thing. Everything seemed so far away that it was more just for fun and because we loved each other. I didn't married him because we worked out all our finances and every issue that might come up, I married him because I saw how we handled our previous issues and I knew that no one would treat me better. I knew no one would make it so easy for me to love them, and I'm happiest when I get to love.

In two years we had our fights, amazing nights, tears, and found out exactly what it's like living with each other. That's all I needed to feel completely comfortable marrying him. This coming from someone who (thanks to her parents) NEVER liked the idea of marriage and everything seemingly going downhill.

We have yet to let things slip too much, and we always pick things right back up.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• missanc- sounds like a GREAT man! I'm glad that you found such a good man for your kids. :] My DH is the same way, can fix anything. I don't know how they do it, but then I again he always says that he doesn't know how I do all that I do (juggle bills, baby, college, modeling, work, keeping house clean, etc...).
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009