For what reasons do you think divorce is okay?

I take my vows very seriously. My DH and I love each other a lot. This has nothing to do with my marriage! I thought of this question from another post i read...

I just read a question where a Mom got an STD when she had been faithful. Her Doc said it had to be from having intercourse so it had to be her husband cheating. I personally Couldnt forgive a cheater. Also abuse is never okay. but what else do you ladies think is enough of a reason to divorce.. Just curious.

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I don't think cheating is enough, unless he's just unwilling to stop. People make mistakes, but if the person doing it is truly sorry and wants to work on the relationship, then they should stay married. But I agree with you on abuse, nobody should tolerate that ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Abuse...cheating...but that's it. Marriage isn't a joke ya know? My Husband and I get along very well and we don't believe in divorce
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• abuse, cheating (not necessarily emotional cheating, but having-sexual-relations-cheating), being caught watching child porn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Cheating and violence towards you or the children. Possibly drug or alcohol addiction. Other than that, couples should attempt to work out their problems. Divorce is too easy these days.
    Anonymous

• Cheating , STD, Living a double life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ooh child porn..goon one! But I think you should know if someones a sicko like that before you marry him...you'd think anyway
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think each person has to evaluate that for themselves. I think divorce is wrong, I think people should take more time and think more before they take wedding vows - it's a serious thing. But, I was divorced - my husband was controlling and emotionally abusive to the point that I believed it not only was detrimental to me, but to my children as well. If I did not have kids, I probably would have divorced long before I did. I think the kids have to come first, so you have to consider what type of environment they are living in.

Answer by missanc at 3:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Abuse, Liar(in whatever form that might take), also, I think that if you really just aren't "in-love" with that person anymore. I also took my vows very seriously and my husband has said that under no circumstance will he sign divorce papers, but one....if he found out I'd had an abortion. So, guys have their deal-breakers too.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with all of the above, and I also think it's appropriate to get a divorce if you find out that your spouse is a rapist, murderer and or a pedophile.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My aunt was with a man for two years. He abused her and he kept going back. one day his daughter called her and said they found him at a church parked in front of a giant cross dead. He had shot himself. He had 3 differen SSN's... He wasn't even who he said he was cause the name my aunt and even his Daughter knew him by was a man who had passed away years before!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009