A child costs over $200,000 (without college).

So MSN has an article up saying the cost of raising a child is over $200,000. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/RaisingYour290000Baby.aspx?page=2

I was reading the article and damn there were so many ppl. who were like "I had a vasectomy b/c I can't afford a child and don't want to ruin my life" or "We don't want to ruin our lovely marriage by having kids. Kids are a hassle." etc. That's so sad. I remember feeling this way BEFORE I ever had a kid.

Did you feel this way before you had kids, like having them is 'nothing special?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I always wanted a kid because I thought it was special.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• NO WAY. I have always wanted to be a mommie and have a family of my own.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Nope I always wanted children. The sad part is that I made sure from day one to start putting away for college for them and there are many who don't feel that that is an important part of parenting.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i love other peoples kids for a few minutes

never thought i'd have my own, i dont do well wiping butts and snot makes me puke

we'll see how it is with mah baby
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I am guessing that this baby wasn't planned then? what happens if it is no different for you with your own baby?

PP^^
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I used to feel that way then I started thinking differently once i met my hubby and now we have 2 beautiful kids that i love so much!
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 5:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009