Trying to avoid getting rid of my cat HELP !

Our cat is 8 years old we have had her since she was 4 weeks. Lived in 3 different places since we got her we never had ANY problems before when it came to the litter box but now we are in a new house and when we got the house we didn't even think about the cat and her litter box. The house doens't have an offical laundry room it's just in the hall to the garage and that's where we would keep the litter box in the past with no problems. thier is a 1/2 bath across from the laundry hole that we ended up putting the litter box in since we didn't feel comfortable putting the litter box in any of the other bathrooms up stairs since we use those the most the half bath is rarely used. It has came to a point ( we have been here since mid July ) that we have to vaccum every day since she tracks in litter to the carpet and our DD plays on the floor & I am pregnant , and it STINKS and we even have air fresheners and DH scoops daily .

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 3:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pets

• We also don't want to use the gargage to put the litter box in just because she is a inside cat and always has been and I don't want to risk haivng her get out. Hubby wants to get rid of her and I can't she's been my baby since she was 4 weeks old !!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Get a litter mat and put baking soda in the litter
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Of yes I forgot to add we DO have a litter mat and it hasn't worked .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 4:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• then get a bathroom mat or rug that you can shake outside
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• That still doesn't help that she drags the litter into the living room somehow.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 4:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wish I could help! We eventually put our cat's litter box in the garage and just never go in or out of the garage. The garage is our laundry room/storage room/exercise room so that wasn't a big deal for us.
    Sorry!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 5:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Bethany don't feel bad !!! Our garage is my hubby's space and storage space BUT we plan to use it for my van in the winter so we can't really put the cat out thier even though we thought about it.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 9:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• What kind of litter are you using? We use the softwood pellets. When the cat pees the pellets become sawdust and it doesn't get tracked around as much. I had an older cat and we started using that with him when he was around 10 and he did fine with it. Our new cat has been using it since we got him.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 9:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• haveing kitty litter all over the house is normal my cats do it to but i wouldnt get rid of the for something they couldnt control...did u switch brands of litter? maybe u need something that clupmes better. i would personally deal with it a good kitty litte shouldnt stink if its scooped everyday i use stuff with crystals in it for multiple cats also u can try sprinkiling some baking soda in the bottom of ur pan and on top of ur kitty litter this will help asorb the smell...what brand of litter do u use?
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We buy the Tiddy Cat brand that is for odor control .
    I might look into the softwood kind .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009