Need Some Advice My 16 1/2 Month Old Just Went on her POTTY

Last night my DD learned to go pee and poop last night by herself.We didn't push her she would stay on it N play with her toys.Today she went pee by herself again in the morning but all day about 4 or 5 times during the day I tried to put her on the potty which she'll sit there.But if I wait about 20 minutes and she hasn't gone I put her diaper back on and after 10 minutes she pee's in the diaper.Should I buy underwear and start putting them on her during the day.I want to keep it going since she's trying.

StarLightMaddie

Asked by StarLightMaddie at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter started going potty we went straight from diapers to underwear, we bought some with her fave character on them. She still had 2 or 3 accidents for about the first 2 weeks and then after that she always went to the potty. Your dd is alot younger than mine was though, my daughter was 2.5 before she potty trained so your daughter may have more accidents. It wouldnt hurt to try the underwear and then still use diapers at night, until u know for sure she is ready to sleep through the night, we kept our dd in diapers for about a month at night. Always keep some type of toy by the potty and also the other thing that helped was buying some of the flushable wipes and letting her decorate her wipe case. I hope this helps.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• every child is different at 18 mts my dd was showing cues to potty train ,.so we got the potty. for one week she was good and then she quit lol. at 20 mts she stared showing signs again and this time it worked by 24 mts she was potty train.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009