Do your teens have a bed time?

Just wondering what everyone else does.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 4:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• my almost 18 year old doesn't but she is very good about taking care of herself. She goes to bed no later than 10 on school nights by choice.
    My 13 year old..YES he has to be in bed and lights out by 9:30.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• By taking care of herself I mean health wise...that sounded bad when I read it ..
    mamakirs

• Ours does, he's in bed by 8:30 and in order to stay up he must read. He gets 30 minutes then it's lights out. If he doesn't he's a monster in the morning.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes My 12 yrs son has to be in his bedroom by 8:30 and lights out by 9:00 on school nights and weekends he has to be in his bedroom by 9:00 and lights out by 9:45pm Everyone is a sleep by 10pm in my house everynight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My 14 year old has to be in bed by 10:00. He doesn't have to be asleep, but tv and such has to be off. He's pretty good about being ready to settle down. My older 2 are night owls. They are 22 and 25. Both lost their jobs with the economy and have moved home to "start over". They never sleep. I hear them all hours of the night moving around like really large mice! Both have gotten jobs in the past 24 hours WEEEEE HAAAAAA! Maybe once they get back to a routine and are out working all day, they will be too tired to be up and micy!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes, 9 pm is bedtime. Do they always make it, no, but we sure try. :) Teens still need sleep, even though they try to be night owls
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 7:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I dont have a bedtime but on school nights i usually go to sleep when my daughter does which is around 9.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 8:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sort of, but it's not too strict. My 14 yo must BE HOME by 10 on weeekends or 9 on weeknights. On school nights, in bed by 10:30. On weekends, she's usually in bed at midnight at the very latest watching movies.
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 10:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No, shes 15 and in the 10th grade and I havent monitored her bed time for a few years. Shes a very mature responsible teen and makes really good grades and knows her limits. I think she could stand to go to bed a bit earlier, but she usually catches up on the weekends. Her work load is heavy right now so shes been spending her evenings working on essays, reading and writing papers. Shes not in sports right now because she opted out of playing volleyball, so shes not out anywhere. I let her decide her own bedtime. If she ends up being too tired, she will know. Its time to start learning choices and consequences.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• On school nights my 15 & 16 yr olds are in bed by 10 pm. On weekends a little later depending on what is going on. Most of the time though we are all in the bed by 10. Makes my younger son much easier to deal with!!
    proffet78

Answer by proffet78 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009