What is the best product to use to prevent stretch marks? I have two weeks until my second trimester and I want to start taking care of my skin. I’m already showing a bit…

LittleByrd09

Asked by LittleByrd09 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure you already know, but you can't PREVENT them. Keeping your body hydrated & your skin moisturized is the best way to help reduce them. I recommend "Mama Bee Belly Butter" from Burts Bees & plain ol' Baby Lotion.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• the greasier the better b/c it will help mosturize your skin while it stretches. Use baby oil. Cocoa butter didn't work for me and I was very faithful with it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I've been using Mustela products this pregnancy. They're amazing for preventing stretch marks!
    6IrishKiddos

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 2:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• OK with my son I used the following and it worked great! I got really big too. I had only a little stretch marks because I stopped using it at 8 months. With my daughter I didn't use anything and got really bad stretch marks even though I didn't get as big.

Mix together equal parts of the following:
    Cocoa butter
    Aloe vera
    Vitamin E oil

Use it every time you take a shower/bath or swim in water.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I used and oil with Vitamin E and cocoa butter in it - for my belly & breasts and a lotion made by the same company with the same ingredients for the rest of my body. I got a few strech marks (and I went from 100 lbs to 165lbs during my pregnancy) and a few months after I delivered - they all disappeared. I used the oil after every single shower (also when I felt dry) and I used the lotion several times a day b/c while pregnant I had OCD.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• The honest truth is there's not really anything you can DO to prevent stretchmarks. If you are going to get them then you are going to get them. Sorry. But you can use a good moisturizer to aid in the comfort. The moisturizers aid in the itching.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You can't stop them but you can keep your skin hydrated. Try coccoa butter or even burt's bees has some good products! I found after I was pregnant that Kohls Dept stores has some pregnancy and baby lotion products in there cosmetic section that I really liked! Good luck!!
    ZetaMommy

Answer by ZetaMommy at 8:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2008