Christians - Do you think the end of time is near?

Why or why not?

cleanaturalady

Asked by cleanaturalady at 4:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly I dont worry about it. I am right with Christ. There is nothing I can do if it is close..*shrugs* It's His call and I trust Him completely.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I do believe its almost time for Jesus to come back after the church... Cause the bible says we will not no the day or hour but we will know when its at the door and the bible is being fulfilled.. God gave us signs to let us know...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No. The Bible tells us no one knows the hour or the day....when people start saying the end is near it makes me think it's further away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Im with Mamakirs. I dont think about "the end", whether it is the "end of times" or the end of MY time. Of course, I think about whether my loved ones will be taken care of and I try to make sure they know how much they mean to me, but I do not dwell. In the end though, I am right with Him and a do not fear the end, whatever end it may be.
    ShannieP

Answer by ShannieP at 4:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes I think we're living in the end times. As hinson7169 said, the prophesies of the Bible in Revelations is being fulfilled. Everything is coming to pass, and I imagine God is getting sick of the corruption in this world....
    Now, even though I say "yes," noone really knows when how long the "end times" will continue on and on before it's the Final End... Make sense?? If not, sorry... : )
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We've been living in the "End Times" for over 2000 years now.
    Are we?
    Who knows.
    But I will be welcoming Him back with open arms when He does decide to return!
    :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would like to think that our Lord will come back for His elect soon, but I truly have no clue. I think that's the way it's supposed to be.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 5:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No, I don't. The "end of time" has been proclaimed for the last two thousand years.

Look! There goes Jesus in a cloud of ascending angels! The end of time is near!

Look! A total eclipse of the sun!The end of time is near!

Look! A man has flown through the air in a machine! The end of time is near!

Oh noes!!1! LOLcats has taken a picture of the Kitteh Apocalypse!

I mean, humanity flips out every time something new happens. I just think that if you spend all your time thinking about how things are going to be in the future, you're going to miss the great stuff that's happening in the now.

SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 5:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think that is God's to decide and that Christians would do better to focus on living godly lives now. In reality the end of the world rarely enters my mind.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• jennijune_21
    We've been living in the "End Times" for over 2000 years now.
    Are we?
    Who knows.
    :-)

This is my opinion too. I couldn't have said it better myself, smiley face and all.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009