18 month old potty training?

my daughter is 18 months old and my husband and my parents both think we should start potty training.. i think its a little early though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is she ready? can she tyell u when she has to go? can u tell when she has to go? is she taking her diaper off? does she have bladder control? if u answer no to any of this questions then she is not ready.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Does she tell you when her diaper needs to be changed?

Has she shown interest in the "big" toilet?

Does she have her own small "toilet?"

She'll let you know....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with annon :36. Is she developmentally ready? My MIL and SIL tried that with her daughter and it just backfired on them. It took them a good yr. to fully potty train her. I waited until my DS was ready and it only took me one day. He has only had 2 accidents during the day and has been potty trained for 11/2 yrs. There is less frustration when they are ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2009