Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please, please, please help!!!!

I have a problem with my anger. My daughter is 4 and whines and cries and repeats herself nonstop. I realize kids her age do this, but I cant deal with it. I have a problem with anger and told myself when I was pregnant I wouldn't spank her because I can see myself getting out of control. But when she does this all I can think is STOP! I wind up screaming and yelling at her all the time and it doesn't help the situation. I hate myself for doing it, but I can't seem to stop. I don't get along at all with my husband, and when we fight I can handle my daughter even less. I feel trapped in my life. I have barely enough money to handle bills, I can't afford counseling and I make a horrible mother and wife. I want to get better and don't want to feel so angry and desperate all the time. Can anyone suggest books to help or anything, please? I feel at the end of my rope.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (30)
  • i know what you mean =(

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • You need help, you already know you have a Problem, why take it out on an innocent child whos only gonna get hurt, plus she could end up having the same issues oneday!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • I'm in the same boat too

    Answer by NicholeAT at 4:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • There are a lot of free counseling services. If you are religious check with your church and see if someone knows something! Prayer is always a good place to start! I hope you find some peace!

    Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • yes i know i need help. That is what I am asking about. i don't want to take it out on her or hurt her, I love her more than anything. That is why I am asking for help. I know I have a problem. Judging me as a bad person isn't helping. I know I am.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • Do you know of counseling services free or very cheap, not associated with a church? Where should I look?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • Look up your local pathways. (I promise I'm not being mean here!) They have counselors that will help you and they will consider your income with how much they charge. Sometimes they don't charge a dime. It will help to have someone you can talk to.

    Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • Please please please go see a doctor. This sounds like an anxiety disorder and it IS treatable.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • I think it's brave of you to ask . ..& its great you KNOW you need help. . .it takes a lot of guts to admit that! & i don't know about cheap consueling that isn't through the church. I am SURE there is some out there. .. my DH & I got free consueling with our pastor but you said no church (which is fine lol) but I am sure there is stuff out there. there are hotlines & stuff. ..maybe they can direct you to something/

    Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

  • go to a sliding scale psychologist.


    Answer by samurai_chica at 4:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.