What does "Forever" mean when it's on a stamp?

I never get or use stamps. But I have some I got a few months ago they have no cent amount on them but they say forever. Does that ment their good no matter what? Or should I use more than 1 stamps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are good forever, even if the current stamp price goes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Buy them. It means that no matter what the price of stamps rises to, you can still use them with no extra charge. They are good "forever". I have over 100 that I bought before the prices rose. It's nice to not have to worry about getting $.02 stamps.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think they mean that they are good no matter what even if the price goes up. Dont quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure thats what it means. (And for me the only time I use more than 1 stamp is when it weighs too much or if I am sending something out of the country (<--but I probably dont have to do it for international mail, I just like to make sure it cant come back)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i should have kept those stamps!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Ditto to kittyhasclaws.
    I wanted pretty stamps just after the first rate hike and then the rate was raised again soon after! I had to buy a bunch of 2-cent stamps.
    I told the guy at the post office that they could at least put something prettier or at least the American flag on the forever stamps to make them look nicer - he agreed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009