Cyst on ovary while pregnant. What can I do about the pain??

I have a cyst on my ovary and I am 9 weeks pregnant. It's causing me some major discomfort right now and tylenol isn't working at all. Is there anything I can do for the pain? I just have to get through until Thursday. Then I have an appointment with my doctor. Any suggestions would be great!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try to put warm towels in the area that is shooting the pain. it won't hurt the baby and it could provide some relief. Good luck and hang in there mama, your body can handle it. Put a picture of a baby that you feel may look like yours in front of you when you are lying down on your side with your warm compresses an dtalk to the baby in your womb, tell him how you are feeling but that there is no need to worry since you will do it all over again just to see his tiny heart bit. Talk to your baby, it can help to keep your mind off the pain.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I know its what everyone says to you during pregnancy, but its fairly normal to have a painful cyst. I had one early in my pregnancy. VERY painful. Tylenol didn't cut it for me either, but a hot water bottle did and gentle massage of the area did. I also stretched a lot. My doctor told me there was nothing to do for it and that it would lessen over time. I thought he was crazy, but like always he was right and it didn't hurt past about week 15 or so. Hang in there, you are doing great! And I would go through that pain again in a heartbeat for my 5 week old now. :)
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Tylenol wont cut it. Can you go to the ER and see about recieving some pain meds? Hopefully by Thur the pain will lessen
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009