Potty training 16 mo daughter

I know there are tons of opinions on potty training. My daughter is 16 months and showing signs of being ready for potty training, she sits on the potty when i go to the bathroom, she throws away diapers after i change hers, she even knows what i mean when I say "do you want to go potty?" she heads for the bathroom. She doesn't like being wet and starts messing with her diaper when she is wet or poopy, she also goes a couple hours between wet diapers so she has some bladder control it seems. Anyway, how necessary are pull ups? I show her how to pull her diaper down when i go to set her on the potty, she just doesn't yet, but its not that difficult to pull a diaper down like pull ups. I can't afford pull ups, i barely afford diapers, anyone tried potty training still using diapers then switching to panties when they seem ready? After all they didn't always have pull ups and kids still got trained just fine.

stargazerwolf

Asked by stargazerwolf at 5:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know there are plenty of moms out there who will swear by skipping the pull-ups.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• From my experience the pull ups just prolong the whole process. Pull ups are not necessary, are expensive and really serve no purpose. Stick with diapers until you feel she's ready for underwear, then just go cold turkey! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009