Where's my stimulus?

Well there was cash for clunkers but though my car was 18 years old it didn't qualify it wasn't enough of a gas hog i guess. There was the homeowner credits but I don't own a home and have bad credit. There was the increase to food stamps and unemployment but I'm not on welfare.

Now I hear about a new stimulus on buying freaking refrigerators. It's just ridiculous.

My family of 4 lives on barely 30,000 a year. We are too rich to get housing or utility help, foodstamps etc.... but are having problems getting by and no one seems to care about us they are all about helping those that have more or those that have less and we just fall through the cracks.

It makes me so mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dont worry your arent alone Im in the exact same situation(family of 4 living on about 30-40k a year) and it pisses me off! It is so unfair and stupid. We struggle to make its hard!
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 5:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not to trivialize but write to Obama and explain what you have just told us. He has big hears, he'll listen. LOL

In a more serious note: I hope things improve we are all struggling.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is the same place he keeps his word - no body knows!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Obama isnt for the middle class. He is for the poor and making people poor so that they have to rely on the government. Once he has people relying on him and his tax plans, dcredits etc then he has everyone where he wants them, under his control. He is a dictator not a president.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well you are in a better spot than us, that was where we were prior to my husband getting laid off, now we are just looking and hoping that a job will show up somewhere, anywhere.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yeah it seems everyone is struggling. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree OP and Anon 5:45.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• They gave it to the prisoners.. sorry. :(
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'm with you, only our situation is a little different. DH is disabled, and requires round-the-clock care, which is not provided by Medicare. Then, today, we get notice that his Social Security Disability is being cut, but our Medicare expenses are going up. We already don't qualify for any kind of assistance, and as the agencies use his gross disability payment to determine our eligibility, we still won't qualify, but will have to live on $200 less a month - that's $1300 a month for a family of four. Rent is more than half that, and his out-of-pocket medical costs are $600 a month. So what do we choose? Electricity or food?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009