2012. Thoughts?

People claim 2012 will be the end of times. What do you think about these perdictions?

Darlinree

Asked by Darlinree at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find it interesting to think that people actually believe a certain date will bring the end. The Bible claims that even Jesus states "no one will know the time or the day". So why should we know the exact time? You need to live each day as if it could be your last. If we treat people kindly like we believe this, the world would be a much nicer place to live.

As for the scientific thoughts on this date, we could see many strange phenomenons happening. Just due to the fact that life goes in cycles, and the earth will be at a strategic place (as far as the axis & equator are concerned) to possibly cause some major catastrophes. It always pays to know what's coming, but people thought Y2K was going to be a major catastrophe and nothing happened.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 5:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Simply, I think people are foolish if they beleive in a prediction based on how high some myans could count.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The Mayan calander is formulated so that it will simply start over again.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• TeamQuinn you are a riot. I never know how your going to answer.

Mathew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Jesus Christ.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 5:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "Life will find a way". Jurassic Park LOL
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with Teamquinn. Bebita--LOL
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't believe in it. Maybe that's the year that God allows the angles to pour out the plagues I don't know. But if it's the end or not we won't know until it happens but I highly doubt it. Because God says he will come like a thief in the night. So we wont be expecting him it'll just happen. So no I don't think that Dec 21, 2012 is the end fo the world, maybe before maybe after but idk. We will know soon enough though :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• 4:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Yep, it's building up to that point. So gald because then ppl causes will be worthless.

Huh?
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think it's going to be a time where we all look to the skies, and will stand in awe of the beauty of our universe. I think the result of all of the planets lining up, and the position of the earth will pull on our energies in a way that we've never known before. And I think it will be beautiful!
    Nothing to fear.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• its Y2K all over again...sigh haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009