How do i get my 10 month old to stop bitting

I am the mother of a 10 month old with eight sharp teeth and she does not seem to understand the words "NO BITTING", how do I stop it? Please help, what have you done?
Thanks,

ireneo

Asked by ireneo at 5:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son, just turned 11 months, also has 8 teeth - does the SAME THING, and we say the SAME THING! However, he does respond pretty well. Other times, when he starts to bite, we remove him from what he is biting or give him something to put in his mouth. For instance, he loves to bite onto our shirts and fabrics (weird), so we'll give him a lovey or burp rag. Sorry I'm not really helpful - but I feel your (sometimes literal!) pain!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Take them off the boob and tell them no biting if they do it agian take them off the bood again and give them something else to chew on. My daughter likes chewing on the baby rubber ducks, washclothes, the tops of soda bottles.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Thank you for your answers, i will give the washcloth a try, she does like bitting on the water bottles.
    ireneo

Answer by ireneo at 1:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009